Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Few Questions for You

 So now I need your input.
Once you have read the previous few posts... I am curious...


Are there any books from your childhood that have stuck in your memory? Have you gone back and reread them as an adult, with a critical eye? What do you notice now that you didn't then? Do you think that an image or idea stuck with you in any way that you hadn't realized? Would you read this book with your child? Are there any books that you have come across that you would remove from your bookshelf, and for what reasons?


Also, what are the books that you have come across that you are excited to share with the kids in your life? What are the images or messages that you love most about these books?


I am excited to hear the ways you are all thinking about the stories we are passing along to kids! Please share!

2 comments:

  1. SWIMMY!!! my favorite subversive children's book evahhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ramona books. I loved these books growing up because she was me. I love the fact that she was not the hero, and she had real emotions and fears, and her parents really loved her. She wasn't beautiful or rich, but she wasn't one of the noble poor either. She and her sister squabbled, but they loved each other too. Hell, even the cat didn't like her much. She was the most real kid in fiction. :) Yes I have read them to them more than once, and we listen to them often. I love Stockard Channing's interpretation of Ramona, I think she really hits it on the head.

    ReplyDelete